Recruitment Counselor Application Information
Interested in becoming a Recruitment Counselor?
- You MUST have been through a year of Formal Recruitment.
- You MUST have a minimum 2.5 past semester GPA. If her semester GPA falls below a 2.5, the RC may remain in her position if they have a cumulative Texas State GPA of a 2.7.
- You MUST be an active member and in good standing with your chapter now and in the fall 2017 semester.
- 100% abidance and knowledge of recruitment rules, guidelines, expectations and recruitment schedule. If you fail to abide by these rules you will be asked to leave Recruitment immediately (more details during Recruitment 101 and workweek).
- There will be fines for being late. These fines will go straight to your chapter.
- There is a zero tolerance policy for speaking negatively about any chapter or chapter member.
- NO sorority tattoos, letters, jewelry, mascots, symbols, colors, etc. will be displayed after set disaffiliation dates (including social media sites).
- Recruitment Counselor Training: April 29th
- Recruitment Rules Reading: TBD
- Summer New Student Orientation sessions: TBD
- Tentative Work Week: August 20th - August 25th *Expect to be there from 8:00am - 6:00pm*
- Recruitment Counselor Retreat: TBD
- Recruitment New Member Orientation: August 26th (all-day)
- Recruitment: September 1st - September 4th
- Texas State Move-In
Interview Times Information
Recruitment Counselor Interviews will take place on Saturday, April 21st and Sunday, April 22nd.
Saturday, April 21st: These will be group interviews and you should expect the entire interview to take about 3 hours. All Recruitment Counselor applicants will be interviewed on Saturday.
Sunday, April 22nd: These are individual, one-on-one, interviews for finalists for the Head Recruitment Counselor position. If you are not asked to be interviewed on Sunday, this does not mean you are not selected to be a Recruitment Counselor, just that you are not being considered for Head Recruitment Counselor.
Below you will be able to check off your preferences for Saturday, April 21st. We cannot guarantee you will be placed in the interview time you prefer, as those will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis. However, we will do our best to accommodate your wishes.